- A small, soft toothbrush (preferably one designed especially for dogs)
- Pet toothpaste (never use human toothpaste)
- Homemade toothpaste (mix baking soda with a little salt and water).
HOW TO BRUSH YOUR DOG'S TEETH
1. Start off by getting your dog accustomed to the idea of having his teeth brushed. This can be done by gently massaging the gums with your fingers.
2. Put a small amount of pet toothpaste on the dog’s lips to get him used to the taste.
3. When your dog is comfortable with the touching of gums and taste of the toothpaste, you’re ready to brush. Apply toothpaste directly to the dog’s teeth and gently brush with toothbrush or gauze wrapped around your finger.